DISCOVER THE GENTLE ART OF INFANT MASSAGE
Vimala McClure, the founder of the International Association of Infant Massage, helps you master the techniques of infant massage so you can incorporate this joyful and wonderful healing art into your baby's life. She shows you why a daily massage can be one of the greatest gifts you give your children and yourself. For generations, mothers all over the world have known that the soft stroke of their hands soothes, calms and communicates their love for their babies. Now scientific research proves that massage can do all that and more. Infant massge brings physical and psychological benefits to both parents and babies.
In this completely updated and revised edition, the author shows how massage benefits children, easing discomfort, releasing tension, helping premature infants gain weight, even helping asthmatic children improve breathing function. She explains each step of the massage process with simple easy-to-follow instructions and delightful photographs demonstrating each stroke.
You will find:
- Specific routines tailored to help relieve colic, fever, chest and nasal congestion
- Modified instructions for premature infants and babies with special needs
- Helpful hints on dealing with crying and fussing
- Lullabies, rhymes and games to enhance the massage experience
- Guidance for teaching children about "good touch"
- A special chapter dedicated to fathers
- Compassionate advise for foster and adoptive parents
Infant Massage : A Handbook for Loving Parents
- Format Paperback | 272 pages
- Dimensions 136 x 212 x 26mm | 340.19g
- Publication date 04 Sep 2001
- Publisher Souvenir Press Ltd
- Publication City/Country London, United Kingdom
- Language English
- Edition New edition
- Edition statement New edition
- Illustrations note b&w photographs
- ISBN10 0285636170
- ISBN13 9780285636170
- Sales rank 86,676